Thursday 10 May 2012

Fly Fishing Evening Competition Round Three at Chew Valley Lake

The first of two fishing trips this week finds me at Chew Valley Lake for round three of the summer evening competitions. Starting mid afternoon, I tackled up with a floating line and three holographic nymphs on a fluorocarbon leader. My boat partner, Alan and I motored towards Wick Green Point, where we had been told fish were being caught. After several drifts we had caught a fish each. Other boats were struggling too so we decided to move. Despite fishing several spots, including near the island, the dam and Woodford Bank, only one more trout was netted, so it was back to Wick Green with a couple of hours to go. First drift produced a fish for Alan, followed by two for me and another two for Alan. My four fish for 11lb, including one of 3lb 9oz and Alan's four fish for 10lb 15oz were enough to secure first and second places, so we both went home with big smiles on our faces!


No comments:

Post a Comment