Thursday 8 December 2011

More Big Perch

More perch fishing for me this week. After some good fish last time, I was back on the bank in search of a bigger one! Worm and red maggot fished close to marginal cover was what I hoped would fool a big stripey and I wasn't to be disappointed. Six perch between 1lb 8oz and 2lb 8oz, plus a few smaller fish made for a brilliant day! The biggest perch coughed up a 4oz roach in the net, but this wasn't the only surprise of the day, as I even hooked a decent pike of about 8lb. The pike put up a spirited fight and after giving me the run around for over ten minutes, eventually bit through my 6lb breaking strain line. I'm not the only one who has been getting in on the perch fishing action, Toby targeted the species in a match at the weekend and had some good fish too! The Angling Times recently published an article stating "There has never been a better time to fish for big perch!" So get out there and give it a go!

Greedy stripey!

No comments:

Post a Comment