Saturday 25 May 2013

Blagdon Lake on Top Form

Two recent trips to Blagdon Lake, the first with Martin Lowe, the second with Toby for his birthday, have produced some fantastic fishing. Overcast, breezy days have found the trout eager to feed in the mid to surface layers with most fish falling to my washing line set-up, consisting of a pair of nymphs and a booby on the point. Rainbows between 2lb and 3lb have made up the bulk of the catch with the odd bigger one approaching 5lb. Best areas have been Cheddar Water to Rainbow Point and Peg's Point, although fish have been coming from all over the lake. Chew Valley Lake is also fishing very well, as is Barrow Tanks. More information on all Bristol Water run fisheries can be found at www.bristolwaterfisheries.co.uk

1 comment:

  1. I like catching fish and after I caught I release it after I take some photos of it. Need a Best Fishing Trip? Click there.

    ReplyDelete