Thursday 27 June 2013

A June to Remember

First barbel of the season - A 9lb 6oz stunner
Last time I posted on here I told you all about my recent trip to Spain, I've been getting out fishing a little closer to home as well though and I've had a very productive month indeed. Just before hopping on the plane I was lucky enough to catch my first ever floater caught 20lb plus carp, a mirror that just scraped in at 20lb 1oz. I was well chuffed! A surface caught twenty had been on my to do list for some time. On getting back from holiday, I wasted no time in sorting out the river fishing gear and headed to the River Chew. I love this river and during a short evening session I caught some of the biggest dace I have ever caught, some were only ounces short of a pound and there were plenty of them too. Finishing the month in fine style was this weeks trip to the River Wye. Barbel and chub were plentiful with a 9lb 6oz barbel kicking things off and plenty more following soon after. Biggest chub was about 4lb. So, big carp, dace, barbel and chub, some large Spanish roach and some decent catfish have provided the best June's fishing I have ever had! Dan continues to catch plenty of trout, Toby and his Maver team are doing well on the match scene and the shop is very busy with people all trying for success of their own. Smiles all round!

No comments:

Post a Comment