Thursday 31 January 2013

Off to a Decent Start

I've not done much fishing this month, but the few times I have been out have produced some decent sport. Something a little different for me and an enjoyable experience, was my first time fly fishing. Read Dan's post, Trout Tuition. Fly Fishing at Burton Springs Fishery to find out how I got on! I had wanted to do a bit of sea fishing during January, but unfortunately it didn't happen and so my time has been spent fishing some local lakes. Waggler fished maggot over groundbait and micro pellet has produced plenty of roach, skimmers, bream and the odd carp. My best day resulted in over 60lb hitting the scales, a net full that included a brace of 2lb plus perch. So, not a bad start to 2013 and with spring just around the corner and holidays to Spain and Norway later in the year to look forward to, it can only get better. Fingers crossed!

No comments:

Post a Comment