Monday 30 June 2014

A Good Start to the New River Season


A Bristol Avon chub for Dan
The rivers reopened recently, so Dan headed to the Bristol Avon and I took a trip to the Wye. Dan targeted the chub on his club stretch with halibut pellet fished over pellet and hemp and tempted some nice fish to about 3lb. Two surprise trout also took a liking to his bait, providing some variety. My trip to the Wye was all about helping friend and customer Andy, to catch his first barbel and I'm pleased to report he did just that with a 6lb 14oz fish. Numerous chub to 2lb as well made it a day to remember for him. I obviously had to have a go myself and caught a brace of 9lb plus barbel before going on to land a personal best chub of 5lb 7oz. What a result! My dad was fishing too and he also managed barbel to 9lb 1oz and some nice chub. A great day for all of us!
 
Andy with his 6lb 14oz Wye barbel

No comments:

Post a Comment