Thursday 28 March 2013

Will Winter Ever End?

Ah yes, I remember! This is what fish look like, right?
Very little to report this month I'm afraid. The coldest March on record for over fifty years meant any plans I had for a good end to the river season were abandoned and any sea fishing trips I had wanted to do were put off, opting instead to stay in and keep warm, rather than brave the biting easterly winds blowing outside. A trip to the River Kennet saw me catch a few grayling, dace and trout. Besides that, the only fish I've seen have been behind glass in the Bristol Aquarium. If like me you've not done much fishing of late and are perhaps beginning to forget what fish look like? Then it's well worth a visit. Go to www.bristolaquarium.co.uk for information. My plan for April is to catch a species of sea fish that I've not previously caught. Until the weather gets a little warmer though, you're much more likely to find me holding a television remote and PS3 controller, than you are a rod and reel!

No comments:

Post a Comment