Wednesday 27 July 2016

Hot July Sport

Bass from Lyme Bay....
July has provided some good weather and I have been out making the most of it. I have got out to sea a couple of times aboard Outcast II, skippered by John Wallington of Devon Bass Pro Charters and enjoyed some great fishing. Targeting the inshore wrecks of Lyme Bay with both lures and bait has produced some cracking bass, some nice pollock and a single cod. John is a great guy and a day at sea with him comes highly recommended. Give him a call on 07968953184 or take a look at his website www.devonbassprocharters.co.uk On the freshwater side of things it has of course been my favourite species, the barbel, that has been the target of two visits to the River Wye at Courtfield, Lower Lydbrook. The fishing here has been truly amazing, quality and quantity. Barbel to 9lb 8oz, double hook-ups, bites before I've even had time to put the rod in the rest! It's all been happening. Check out www.facebook.com/LowerWyeFishing for information. Next month sees me travel to Sandbakken in Norway for a week of cod and halibut fishing and I have another two days on the Wye to look forward to also. I'll tell you all about it in a month from now.

....and barbel from the River Wye have kept me
busy during July

1 comment: