Thursday 13 August 2015

Light Tackle Bass Sport. Devon Bass Pro Charters, Seaton, Devon

Yesterday saw Geoff (friend and customer of Cadbury Angling) and I spend the day with John Wallington of Devon Bass Pro Charters aboard his charter boat Outcast II. As always when fishing with John, bass are the target species and light, sporting tackle is supplied. Bait fishing, typical wrecking tactics and spinning/lure techniques are all used by John and so we set out to see which of these methods would produce the fish on this occasion. As it turned out every method we tried caught bass! The fish were obliging from the very start and the frantic fishing continued up until it was time to stop and head for home. I've never seen so many bass caught and a good number of pollock showed too! No cod on this trip but I wasn't bothered having recently spent a week catching them in Norway. Another great day out then! Information on Devon Bass Pro Charters can be found at www.devonbassprocharters.co.uk I urge anybody who likes the idea of a bit of light tackle sea fishing to book up a day with John as a good time will no doubt be had! Next week should find me trying my hand at conger fishing with Ross and Spot On! Charters of Brixham. Will I get to tangle with a monster from the deep? Check back here to find out.

One of the many bass caught on light spinning tackle

No comments:

Post a Comment