Thursday 23 April 2015

A Day at Sea With Spot On! Charters - The Highlight of a Successful Start to the Year

Right, let me see if I can remember how to write a blog post! It's been a long time since I last told you all what I've been up to. It's been a busy start to 2015, with moving house taking up a lot of my time. I've managed to get out fishing too though and I've enjoyed success with both freshwater and saltwater species. Roach, dace, grayling, chub, barbel, carp, tench, bream and pike have all found their way on to the bank and in to my hands. Places I've fished have included the River Chew, the River Wye and a few local stillwaters. Sea fishing in the Bristol Channel and from the South Devon coast has been productive too. Codling, whiting and wrasse have made up some good catches. It was however, my trip out with Ross Parham, aboard his Brixham based charter boat Spot On! that produced the best days fishing of the year so far. Fishing some thirty miles offshore, all on board had a great day. Plenty of ling, decent pollock, some cod and a few whiting were all keen to take lures or fresh pouting baits dropped down to the wrecks littering the seabed below. My best ling weighed 15lb, the biggest caught that day went over 20lb. Pollock to low doubles were caught by all and one lucky chap slipped the net under a cod of 14lb. I can't recommend Ross and Spot On! Charters highly enough. Visit www.spot-on-charters.co.uk to book yourself a trip. The rest of the year promises to remain busy with further boat trips booked, holidays to Norway and Spain and the usual days out a little closer to home. So with all that to look forward to you should find that I write on here a little more regularly than I have been doing recently!


Catching hard fighting ling is tiring -
I can't even stay awake for the photo!






 

No comments:

Post a Comment