Thursday 28 August 2014

River Wye to the Rescue

It's been a summer of cancelled boat fishing trips for me, with inshore and offshore wrecking, a conger trip and flatfish days all called off due to strong winds. Very disappointing! It's lucky then that my visits to the River Wye have proved successful. Barbel to 9lb 5oz and chub to over 4lb have been keen to feed in less than ideal conditions, with the river very low and clear all summer. Usual tactics of a running lead with a smelly bait on the hook has produced the fish. Waggler or stick float has also worked for the dace and bleak. Information on the stretch of river I fish at Lower Lydbrook can be found at www.lowerwyefishing.co.uk The next time I post on here will be to tell you all about my trip to Canada. I fly in a couple of weeks to fish the Fraser River in search of white sturgeon. Cascade Fishing Adventures, my guides for the eight days, have already landed fish to over 700lb this year! Fingers crossed for some arm wrenching action!

A 9lb 5oz River Wye barbel

No comments:

Post a Comment